Peter Dee is counsel at Tuttle Yick LLP and a multi-disciplinary practitioner.
Peter is a problem solver, employing creative, comprehensive, and cost-effective strategies, while remaining mindful of client’s end goals. Peter handles a variety of matters in New York and New Jersey, splitting his time between the firm’s commercial litigation and transactional practices.
On the litigation side, Peter represents both plaintiffs and defendants covering a wide range of business disputes, including appeals, in New York, New Jersey, federal courts, and arbitrations and mediations. Some of Peter’s representative matters include:
- Representing real estate developers, contractors, and property owners in connection with planned or ongoing construction projects.
- Obtaining a preliminary injunction to enjoin a contract seller from refusing to close on the sale of a landmark building in Manhattan.
- Representing a real estate developer and succeeding in obtaining an immediate temporary restraining order to install necessary protections on a neighboring property in connection with the construction of two waterfront towers in Brooklyn.
- Representing a real estate developer in obtaining a court order in New York County over a neighbor’s refusal to grant access to protect the neighbor’s property within three weeks form filing special proceeding in court, and defeating the neighbor’s request to recover attorneys’ fees, engineering fees, and a bond.
- Representing a developer in vacating a temporary restraining order granted ex parte against the developer, permitting the construction project to proceed.
Over time, Peter’s litigation clients have come to trust his judgment and sought his advice and counsel in connection with a variety of transactional matters, including:
- Drafting operating, partnership, and joint venture agreements.
- Acquisitions of businesses and assets.
- Drafting contracts.
- Performing due diligence and other transactional advice.
Before joining Tuttle Yick, Peter attended Michigan State University and Tulane University School of Law, and started his legal career at a boutique firm focusing on international trade and maritime law, before starting his own practice. In law school, Peter was a managing editor of the Tulane Maritime Law Journal.
Super Lawyers Magazine has named Peter as one of the top rated business litigation attorneys in New York since 2019, and was selected to its “Rising Stars” from 2014-2018.