Jeffrey Yick is a founding partner at Tuttle Yick LLP and head of its real estate and corporate transactional practice.
Jeff is somewhat of a unicorn in the legal arena, having thrived as a litigation practitioner for over 12 years before transitioning into complex corporate and real estate transactions. Having been privy to the nuances of commercial litigation, Jeff is uniquely positioned to anticipate and negotiate critical contract terms and adeptly advise clients on key business and legal issues that may later arise. Jeff’s ability to navigate the legal chess board and see multiple moves ahead is what distinguishes him as a leading and prominent attorney in his field.
Jeff represents owners, developers, and other major commercial entities in all aspects of their real estate and development projects, including acquisitions, dispositions, debt and equity financing, joint ventures, leasing, and construction and development contracts. Jeff also represents architects, engineers, interior designers, contractors, and construction managers in licensing, compliance, and preparation and negotiation of client agreements, as well as subcontractor and subconsultant agreements, and in litigating major design and construction defect cases. Jeff’s experience includes:
- Representing purchaser in $112.5m acquisition of portfolio of 10 properties in NJ with bridge financing on 7 properties and assumption of existing agency financing on 3 properties
- Representing purchaser in $92.5m acquisition of portfolio of 24 properties in NJ with financing
- Representing purchaser in $64.5m acquisition and financing of two housing complexes in Atlanta, GA
- Representing developer in $42.5m construction loan and $5m preferred equity financing for project in Nashville, TN
- Representing developer in $46m construction loan for project in Philadelphia, PA
- Counsel to $40m programmatic co-general partner joint venture
- Representing purchaser of $39m acquisition of housing complex in Atlanta, GA with assumption of existing agency financing
- Representing purchaser in $30m acquisition with construction loan and preferred equity financing for project in Los Angeles, CA
- Representing developer in $23.25m construction loan and $4.75 preferred equity financing for project in Philadelphia, PA
- Representing tenant in Lease of 24,549 rentable square feet for international activity-based restaurant/bar tenant
- Successfully representing a national engineering firm in $20M complex nursing home construction action.
- Successfully representing a national airport concession developer/operator in multi-million dollar contract dispute.
- Successfully defending an Ivy League university in lawsuit on a campus capital improvement chiller plant renovation project.
Before forming Tuttle Yick, Jeff attended Skidmore College and The George Washington University Law School. After graduating law school, Jeff served as a law clerk for the Honorable Mark J. Nelson in New Jersey Superior Court, Hudson Vicinage.
Jeff’s accolades include receiving Martindale Hubble’s preeminent AV Rating which is awarded to less than 5% of all attorneys across the United States being selected as a Top Rated Lawyer in Construction Law by American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell. Jeff was also named a rising star in construction litigation from 2013 through 2018 by SuperLawyers and selected as a Superlawyer in real estate from 2019 to present.