Alexander D. Tuttle
Alexander Tuttle is a founding partner of Tuttle Yick LLP and head of its construction transactional practice.
If there’s a Phil Jackson of attorneys, Alex is him. Alex’s hallmark ability is identifying clients’ big picture needs and objectives, and carefully and strategically navigating them with precision and confidence. Alex uses a measured, well versed, and practical approach to addressing each legal and business matter, and his word is gospel. Alex is adept at understanding his adversaries’ and counterparties’ positions, drilling down into their underlying interests, and relentlessly orchestrating a desirable outcome.
Alex represents owners, developers, REITS, and designers in real estate and construction transactions, including acquisitions, leasing, management, and design and construction contracts. Alex is also an experienced litigator, with an established track record of successfully representing individual and institutional clients. Alex’s experience includes:
- Serving as on-going construction counsel to numerous real estate owners/developers with portfolios of hundreds of mixed use and multi-family properties and developments in New York City and nationally
- Representing owner/operators/developers in structuring complex joint venture and project contracts, coordinating project consultants, and navigating project disputes
- Representing businesses in corporate matters, business transactions, ownership transitions, contracts, and dispute resolution
- Representing developers seeking license and access agreements with neighbors in all boroughs of New York City, including RPAPL 881 proceedings
- Representing a publicly traded REIT, overseeing landlord construction compliance and preparing and negotiating design and construction agreements
- Serving as first point of contact to clients in all major business decisions
Before forming Tuttle Yick, Alex attended Emory University and The George Washington University Law School. After graduating law school, Alex worked as a Partner in a boutique/owner-focused construction law firm and an Associate at a mid-sized construction litigation law firm. Alex has been selected as a Super Lawyer every year since 2013.